About the ESAI
Formed in January 1995, the ESAI (Environmental Sciences Association of Ireland) is an association of individuals working in or with an interest in the environmental area in Ireland.
The associationís membership is drawn from all disciplines and sectors including biology, ecology, microbiology, engineering, chemistry and law (from professors to environmental consultancies to waste management companies to amateur naturalists!).
The ESAI provides a network for people working in the environmental area, encourages a better scientific understanding of environmental issues, promotes good environmental practice and provides an expert platform for environmental issues in Ireland and abroad.
Since its inception the association has been strongly connected with the Irish environmental research community and organises the largest environmental research conference in Ireland each year (Irish Environmental Researchers Colloquium or Environ). This is the associationís main networking event each year.
The association is growing steadily and relies entirely on volunteers to organise events and produce ESAI documents. Modest membership fees largely cover the production of the newsletter, correspondence with members and help prime other association activities. The future of the association will ultimately depend on the membership - we welcome and encourage your input and help.
The aims and objectives of the association are to:
- Provide a forum to facilitate exchange of specialist information and advice amongst environment researchers, policy makers, environmental management practitioners and other stakeholders, within Ireland and elsewhere.
- Promote a fuller awareness of the role that higher-level education institutions may make in finding solutions for the urgent environmental problems confronting contemporary society.
- Provide a forum for networking amongst environment researchers both at national and international scales.
- Facilitate an annual conference aimed at providing postgraduate and other researchers with an opportunity to learn about each other's work, and for postgraduates to present and publish papers within a supportive community.
- Promote high professional standards amongst environmental researchers and professionals.
Constitution and Code of Ethics
You can download the following documents in pdf format. Click on the links below.
You can contact the ESAI via email or our online contact form.